How to Avoid Getting Scammed By a Commercial Cleaning Company
by Mike Derryberry • August 09, 2021
Because of the coronavirus pandemic that never seems to end, commercial cleaning services have never been in more demand. Business owners and commercial real estate owners want their customers, employees and tenants to feel safe entering their establishment. They want a trustworthy, reliable commercial cleaning provider to help them maximize the cleanliness of their facility.
Because of the rising demand for commercial cleaning services, you may have noticed an increase in commercial cleaning companies in your particular area. While some of these companies may be legit, a good number of them are likely scams. These cleaning companies will take your money and give you less than satisfactory cleaning services.
Fortunately, there are steps you can take to help you avoid getting scammed by dishonest, fraudulent commercial cleaning companies. Here are our best tips for vetting a commercial cleaning company and determining whether its services are right for your business or commercial property.
1. Conduct Your Own Background ResearchSince the start of the pandemic, there has been a noticeable increase in the number of commercial cleaning companies on the market. When hiring a commercial cleaning provider in Phoenix, Arizona, it is important to carefully vet each potential candidate on your list. You should conduct your own background research, looking intently at the company’s online presence and customer reviews on Google and other trustworthy sites. At the very least, you should review the company’s website, social media platforms, commercial cleaning services, and Google My Business page.
You should also type the company’s name into Google to see whether any negative news sources show up on the first page. If your gut tells you that something is off about a particular company, then chances are you are right and should continue looking for a legitimate commercial cleaning company in your area.
2. Pay Attention to the Claims a Company MakesWhen conducting your own background research, you will notice that many cleaning companies have a list of certifications listed prominently on their website. You should look carefully at a company’s list of certifications to see if any are fake or are irrelevant to your cleaning needs. If a company claims to have certifications from the EPA, CDC or WHO, then you should immediately cross its name off your list of potential candidates. These health organizations do not offer commercial cleaning certifications.
Additionally, you should look at the cleaning products that each company claims to use. Many fraudulent companies will say their cleaning products are effective at eliminating the coronavirus. However, upon further inspection, you may discover that a company’s cleaning products are no better than your average disinfectant. You can vet a company’s claims by asking for the product’s EPA registration and by getting a list of active ingredients the product contains. If a cleaning company refuses to provide you with this information, then you know to continue your search elsewhere.
3. Ask the Following Important QuestionsSometimes, the only way to determine whether a cleaning company is legitimate is to give them a call and schedule an initial consultation. During your appointment, you should come prepared with a list of questions to ask. The following questions will help you decide whether a commercial cleaning company is being upfront and transparent about its cleaning services.
- Are the cleaning chemicals you use safe for commercial use?
- What type of cleaning equipment does your company use?
- How much do your coronavirus disinfection services cost?
- Can I see your company’s license and insurance registration?
- Are there any current or former clients I can speak with to inquire about your services?
- What is your company’s method of quality control?
- How available is your scheduling?
- What is your preferred method of communication with clients?
Are You Looking for a Legitimate Commercial Cleaning Company in Phoenix, Arizona?If so, then Compass Cleaning Solutions may be the right choice for you. With over 15 years of commercial cleaning experience, you can rest assured knowing that your facility or office space is in good hands. In addition to coronavirus disinfection services, we offer a range of commercial cleaning services to suit your particular needs.
- Business tenant turnover cleaning
- Day porter services
- Event cleaning
- Janitorial cleaning
- Medical and healthcare cleaning
- Office cleaning
- Restaurant cleaning
- School disinfection services
- And more!
About the AuthorMike Derryberry is the principal owner and the Chief Visionary Officer of Compass Cleaning Solutions. Since 2004, he and his company have provided personable, professional and conscientious commercial cleaning services to customers throughout the Phoenix Valley and the surrounding areas. He believes strongly in providing CCS franchise owners with a sustainable business model, giving them the tools, training and franchise support they need to build a successful commercial cleaning business and become financially independent.
For over 17 years, Mike has focused on providing the best quality janitorial services for his Phoenix customers. His belief in the culture and people at Compass Cleaning Solutions has given him the motivation to expand the company and secure a unique place in the commercial cleaning industry. He wants each and every customer to have an exceptional customer service experience and has invested heavily in the development of environmentally safe products and practices. His company employs a variety of advanced technologies, including the use of organic cleaning products, microfiber tools and the most advanced cleaning equipment on the market.
Mike is an eager advocate for good leadership practices and believes wholeheartedly that purpose, values and mission are the essential traits for any successful company. His passion for providing ethical and moral leadership has helped Compass Cleaning Solutions become a top-ranked janitorial business in the Phoenix area. The company was awarded the 2020 Better Business Bureau Torch Award for Ethics for the Pacific Southwest. The company was also recognized by Expertise.com as one of the Best Office Cleaners in Phoenix for 2021.